Okay, so I’ve been a little bad and hit a wall. It happens! I’m not going to give myself a hard time about it, but I know what I need to do to get myself back on track. I’ve been stressed – which means unhealthy eating, drinking and not getting enough sleep.
Some of the most common reasons people hit a plateau are:
– Eating habits – eating too much or eating poorly
– You think you’re more active than you actually are
– Not fueling up right with a pre-workout snack or protein shake
– Missing the recovery – drink water, have a rest day, eat more protein
There are many other reasons, too! But these are some of the more common issues that people, including myself, seem to run into.
I have been keeping up with working out 3-4 times a week. It’s just the unhealthy eating and partying on the weekends that are really holding me back. Although the weight has still been coming off, but just slower. That’s why I am going to change up my goals a bit to make sure that I can stay active more. Plus I work at a fitness studio so there should not be any excuses! My company is also doing their fitness challenge for the month of May. Simple things like sit ups and lunges, but it’s something to get myself in the right mindset.
– Complete the daily fitness challenges from work
– Reach 50 Pure Barre classes before the cruise in June
– Cleaner eating habits or more portion control when going out
Work fitness challenge is easy, plus I have people in the office doing it with me. I’ve already taken many Pure Barre classes, so I only have 35 in 45 days. That should be pretty doable. Changing my eating habits will probably be the most difficult, but still. If I want to reach my goals, sacrifices need to be made. I’m down 10 pounds so far this year – time to keep it up!
Current weight: 130 lbs
Current body fat: 27%
Goal weight: 125 lbs
Goal body fat: 21-24%